Great news! YouTube has just launched a new revenue stream for creators, Super Thanks! Back in 2017, YouTube released Super Chat, followed by Super Stickers, two ways for viewers to tip their favorite creators during livestream and Premiere videos. However, what’s been missing out is a way for (super) fans to support their favorite creators on standard VOD uploads. That’s where Super Thanks comes into play.
While watching a regularly uploaded video, fans will have the option to tip through Super Thanks in four prices points ranging from $2 to $50. In addition, each Super Thanks will allow the viewer to write a personal message to the creator, accompanied by an animated GIF and a colorful highlight around the comment. Super Thanks allows you as a creator to take part in new exciting connections with your audience. On top of that, it is yet another way to generate revenue on your channel.
In early testing, YouTube has stated Super Thanks added a 15% increase in revenue to channels with the feature enabled.
To check eligibility, follow these steps:
• Sign in to YouTube Studio.
• In the left menu, click Monetization.
• Select the Supers tab. If it’s your first time in the Supers section, follow the on-screen instructions to get started.
• You must be monetizing and in an eligible location to have access to Supers. If you don’t see the Supers section, you don’t have access yet.
• Once you’ve completed all the instructions, if you see “Super Thanks” with an on/off button next to it, you have access. If you don’t see “Super Thanks,” you don’t currently have access.
Once you have Super Thanks enabled on your channel, be sure to check your Channel Comments within the YouTube Studio and filter by Super Thanks to keep an eye out for any new donations and reply directly to them.
As of today, the feature is available to thousands of creators. If you meet all of the requirements yet still don’t see the option to enable Super Thanks, no fear, this feature will roll out on a broader scale later this year.
For more information regarding this or any other YouTube-related features, feel free to contact us.